Monday, April 6, 2009

My World is Totally Upside-Down

I can't knit or crochet fast enough to help get through losing my Dad to cancer.

Daily, everything is changing.

The End of Life Hospice Care is really the best way for terminal cancer.

There could have been 6 months added to his life but why, for 6 months of heavy duty chemo and radiation that makes him horribly sick and then feeling like he was already gone?

There is a heavy sadness in my heart but also a peace in letting him go at home in his own bed and recliner with my Mom.

I've nearly completed an afghan to keep him warm. I've made 2 hats for him. I've started a new baby sweater for my son's new baby due in sept. Today, I started a clothespin hanger for the clothesline.

Life is life I guess. People are born and people die. It's just the way of the world.

1 comment: