Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happily Plugging Along

I've been working on a little of this and a little of that.

I ripped out the baby sweater, I'll make it soon but use a different yarn, the shetland was just a little too scratchy.

I've got the Mosaic Knit Lace Runner from the First book on Modern lace Knitting by Marianne Kinzel on hold for now.

The Aran weight Lace shawl from Elann is coming along nicely. It's easy to work and there are 3 pattern sets so it keeps me interested.

The Twined Mittens are holding still. I love those mitts though!

I haven't touched my old afghan but I did work out some planning for the From Square to Eternity afghan for my mother. I love the work from Woolly Thoughts. They're so creative!

The other afghan in mind is a Harlequin type idea, and again Pat aka Woolhelmina on ravelry has helped me come out with an easy way to get the effect I'm thinking of.

I've started an easy doily, Hearts and Diamonds, that I found from chatting with the Thread Addicts yahoo group. They're a great bunch over there and always friendly and helpful.

Also, I've started on the Mlle Riego Antique Runner from her Crochet Book Sixth Series that I've been updating into today's terminology. This one goes quick and easy too. The hardest part was to figure out what exactly is a "plain" stitch, the old version of a "single" stitch...
So far as Mlle Riego's work goes, I've gotten the new wording worked out and at least chained the thread!

Translation of Terms Used:
chain = chain
single stitch = Slip Stitch (Slst)
plain stitch = US Single Crochet (sc)
treble stitch = US Double Crochet (dc)
long stitch = US Triple Crochet (tc)
extra long stitch = US Double Triple Crochet (dtc)

Thankfully, they're not all used in the Anti-macassar that I'm working on, the Diamond and Star Pattern.

I read up on the sets of her books that these pieces were made for the House of Wales Princess. Knowing that Lady Diana, May God Bless Her, was Princess of Wales makes me think of her.

Being of french descent myself I feel a kinship to french work.

Enough for now. I've got laundry to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment