Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time to Get Organized

Of course I’m interested in all the ideas going around from looking at patterns and yarns, my bookshelf…you know what I mean!?! And I want to start something else!! I’m am absolutely Nuts.

sooo…

I’m looking around at the stuff I’ve got started and what a mess!

I decided to make a list of everything.

WIPs:
Allie’s sweater for school
Mini Muk Luks
Morning Mood Doily - Magic Crochet, June 1988, No 54
Green Autumn Mittens - Vogue Knitting, Fall 2008
Fishy Afghan
Reversible Double Thick Afghan
Double-Knit Teapot Potholder
Twined Sampler Hat - Vogue Knitting International, Holiday 1988
Vests for all the Family,sz lg - Good Needlework Second Gift-Book, Vintage c.1938
Community Crochet Helmet Hat - Out of Print Pattern
Goysa Doily 2009ss-45
Floral Embroidery Needlework piece - no longer available

Plus:
Scan 120 yrs worth of Family Pics
Reading “Dream Stuff” by David Malouf

Well, when I started making the mini muk-luks she has a “Magic Book” that she keeps her ideas in 1 place. Kind of like at Ravelry, but at Ravelry I always get interested in the chatter and conversations going on, then I get inspired with fresh new ideas and I’m lost again!

In my mind I’ve made some of the most wonderful projects – yeah – right.
If I was able to work everything that I have in mind then I’d probably live to be 100 yrs old!

My plan is to mark off what I’ve worked on each day. Then when a project is finished the list should be shorter. The new ideas I get will just have to get recorded in my Ravelry Notebook.

How does that sound?

It’s a plan anyway.

Today, I sent off a starter crochet set for my daughter Bonnie who lives in Texas.
That is a Great feeling and a lot of love went with it.

I read 2 chapters from the book I’m reading.

I worked on the Morning Mood Doily. This has about 4 more rounds. It will probably be the biggest doily I’ve made so far. It’s supposed to be worked with yarn. Oh how yuck! Blah. I’m using some sz 5 thread that I’ve had for about 5 yrs now. That’s one of those balls of thread that was on sale and you know what that means…can’t pass up a bargain!

Tomorrow I will check off my list what I’ve actually worked on. Just to keep myself in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment