Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lately

I have not been keeping up with my blog lately.

There has been so much going on with my family. Dad’s cancer is progressing and it won’t be much longer before he passes. I pray for him to have peace. My mother is not doing well at all. Alzheimer’s has taken over more than lucidity lately. This makes me very sad. My parents have given me so much of life and learning.

Mr. & Mrs. Glen H Adkins, my parents many years ago.



On the crafty side:
I’ve got 4 doilies on hooks,
a baby sweater on needles,
an afghan
and a dishcloth.

I’ve finished up Summer Splendor doily;

can’t find Sand Castles doily by Kathryn White (somewhere in one of these carry bags I’ve been using to go back and forth to my parents house).

Sand Castles is from the May 2009 issue of Crochet Magazine. I got the freebie from Annie's Attic free pattern a day.

The doily I call Capetka is at a very tricky part so I’m taking that one with a lot of thinking going into the section before the outer edge.

I’m working on Japanese Doily 29-45, this is a nice easy one.

Even easier is the one I spotted this morning and decided to get a quick-fix. It’s called Baubles and I don’t even know where I got the pattern from. I think it’s from a Magic Crochet magazine but it’s written for both British and American terminology so it doesn’t really fit the Magic Crochet type of patterns. Oh well, it’s a breeze!

I had found some Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton on sale and thought I would try it out, White and Poppy Red. I mean really, 2 balls for $4.00!

So I pulled out the Multidirectional Modular Knitting book by Iris Schreier and worked a square for the Diamond Panel Vest pattern. I plan to make one with a red center diamond and outer corners of white, then reverse with a white center surrounded by red.

I worked a pair of Dreambaby Booties while my kitty had a litter of kittens right here beside me under the bed! Typical grandma, knit baby booties! 5 kittens in all and she’s such a dainty cat too.

I seamed a hat that had been sitting there for about a month. It’s one of Elizabeth Zimmerman’s patterns for a Watch cap using Fisherman’s rib stitch.

I haven’t picked up the Modular Tomten Baby Jacket (another Eliz Z pattern) since I had to rip back about 20 rows, heavy sigh…

I haven’t touched the Knitted Garter Stitch Blanket for about a month either; I still need 4 skeins of red Lamb’s Pride.

You know, I just realized that these are all Elizabeth Zimmerman’s patterns! I love that ladies work.

I’m very excited about a pattern I recently ordered from Eleanor Kent! It’s for a knit square called “Wings”, a hand-knit algorithm. This square looks similar to wallpaper that my brother had in his bedroom back in the late 60’s, early 70’s.

When I put the squares together it will be dizzying.

I’m planning on making it double-knit; just a challenge to practice double-knitting and there will only be 2 colors; not that difficult.

I’m dying to work on the afghan pattern from Woolly Thoughts called From Square to Eternity. It’s also a garter stitch modular piece.

I recently got a new Canon Power shot camera and I love it! I’ve been able to get a few pics in here and there.

I also got a Brother MFC-6490cw Inkjet All-In-One Printer; it has scan, fax, copy and photo capture features - love, love that machine!

I’m in the process of scanning the family photos of my mother’s. They are precious and I’d like to preserve them and share them with everyone related.

Here are a few pics from my new camera

Mallards in the pond out back



Winneageance Bay



this is the new garage and 2 additional rooms plus a bath being added to the house


Well, enough for now! I do ramble on….

No comments:

Post a Comment